Playback’s Fall 2015 issue is now out
Branded content, The New Establishment and Nicholas Campbell inducted into the Playback Film & TV Hall of Fame.
Fall equals films for both fans and filmmakers and for Playback, it also means the third volume of our quarterly print magazine.
The issue marks the return of one of our most popular editorial features: the 5 to Watch. Stay tuned tomorrow (Sept. 3) for the reveal of who made the list this year. We’ve also brought back another editorial feature introduced formally last year, The New Establishment, looking at five companies or individuals who are mid-career and making big things happen.
Be sure to make time this issue to read about our latest Hall of Fame inductee, Nicholas Campbell. Marc Glassman charts the rise of one of Canada’s most familiar on-screen faces (and colourful personalities), from his start as a pre-law student to star of the long-running CBC drama Da Vinci’s Inquest. We also salute the career of actor Gordon Tootoosis, inducted for his dedication to advocating for aboriginal rights and on-screen representation alongside a storied acting career.
Issues are in mailboxes starting tomorrow and articles will be posted daily over the next few weeks, in newsletters and within this post.
- Playback’s 5 to Watch: Jasmeet Singh
- Playback’s 5 to Watch: Aberrant Pictures
- Playback’s 5 to Watch: Stella Meghie
- Playback’s 5 to Watch: Giacomo Gianniotti
- Playback’s 5 to Watch: Daniel Birnbaum
- Should indie films get more TV support?
- Programming profile: The ‘Super’ strategy
- Playback Canadian Film & TV Hall of Fame: Nicholas Campbell