Photos: Inside Canada AM’s 40th birthday bash
The caffeine-driven party at the Masonic Temple was attended by former morning show co-hosts Wei Chen, Pamela Wallin, Nancy Wilson, Valerie Pringle, Seamus O'Regan and Lisa LaFlamme.
Not every TV show holds an all-morning birthday bash, nor gathers past hosts in one room.
But that’s what Canada AM viewers got this week as CTV’s flagship morning show celebrated its 40th year on air at the Masonic Temple in Toronto with a caffeine-driven party on-air.
As Burton Cummings performed hit songs from a four-decade career, former Canada AM anchors Wei Chen, Pamela Wallin, Nancy Wilson, Valerie Pringle, Seamus O’Regan and Lisa LaFlamme appeared on camera with current hosts Beverly Thomson, Jeff Hutchinson and Marci Ien.
Also attending were former sports anchors Rod Black and Dan Matheson, and Craig Oliver, who was Canada AM‘s first producer when the morning show launched in 1972.
The live morning broadcast capped off a week of retrospective programming for Canada AM.
Click to see larger images (courtesy Canada AM)
1) L-R Beverly Thompson, Jeff Hutchinson and Marci Ien with the 40th birthday cake
2) Burton Cummings performs
3) Canada AM anchors past and present
4) Former co-hosts Lisa LaFlamme and Rod Black
5) Wally Macht, sports and weather anchor 1977-1987
6) L-R Linda MacLennan, Sandie Rinaldo, Rena Heer, Craig Oliver, Rob Black, Pamela Wallin, Lisa LaFlamme